Towards the end of last week, I packed and flew a 12-hour flight. Still, I apologize to anyone who follows daily (as it seems I have 1 excuse after another) and I will try to make my posting habits more consistent by posting earlier in the day. Also, I will find some time during the weekend either before Shabbat or after it as I go back to posting regularly.
That way even if circumstances cause me to miss a day or to I will still post at least 5 times per week and am working to get to the point where I can either constantly produce longer posts or produce 2 posts a day without disrupting the rest of my schedule.
Over the weekend I read the book Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. the book really spoke to me and in order to more fully absorb some of what I learned from the book I decided to make this list.
- What do dog owners have in common with cancer patients? (not the best wording of the question but still helps me explore a certain phenomenon)
- how much time does it take for a system to become corrupt and how does the complexity of said system factor in? Is it a causal relationship or does said complexity reflect on a greater cultural norm?
- What external factors affect performance on personality tests? (I know most personality tests are dumb but I still want to see what people can learn from them)
- How does belief in star signs affect behavior?
- How can one measure belief?
- Is there a correlation between the number of laws and regulations and the number of Index I crimes committed in any given country/town/settlement? This can take 2 forms either tracking the correlation between the wealth of countries and internal factors within said countries, or we can try to control for other factors.
- What is the correlation between the value of art and the growth of the economy? What are the potential causes of this correlation or lack of such?
- Why don’t we hear of any creative terrorists?
- Did the migration patterns of birds ever affect history and how?
- How are driverless cabs like ant colonies?