With Additional Capitalization.
I’ve recently realized that my Blog is having a bit of an identity crisis. Has been having Identity Crises from the moment I began to write it. This began as a way to keep my father updated about my life when he was in the states but that barely lasted a week1. After wanting this to be read more I promised to post every day but that was more to keep me honest as I didn’t Trust myself to stay in action if there wasn’t a constant urgency to keep producing content.
Regardless some of what I have been producing would probably work much better as video or audio content as I sometimes write musically2 but I remain with this format because it is comfortable and easy. Still, I want to improve at least the content delivery system so here… (this is partially inspired by a meetup3 I attended called Your Brand Is Not Your Logo by Matt Davies. It was a great meetup and despite the fact that I attend meetups just to meet people4, I truly learned from and enjoyed5 the content of the meetup/presentation and had quite a few takeaways. Much of what I learned there shall definitely assist in my future endeavors as well as this one.)
10 Things I Can Change/improve in the presentation of my blog (quicky, I will make a better one of these later)
- Frontpage redesign, have the posts in blocks that present more text when clicked on.
- Frontpage redesign, just colors, and style retaining current text format.
- Have a link to best posts and better search features
- Have a random list/post button as I sometimes feel my posts would do well to imitate xkcd in presentation.
- Have more subpages to push people to (and to remake Not Being A Hypocrite as more than a dump site and to have actually formatting for it)
- Pick a site identity I can feel complete and to stop messing around with it after then
- Play games with my site identity in attempts to build interest
- Create a future post’s voting page.
- Time my uploads to the same time every day
- Create a central message or greeting to begin my posts with to create a better sense of continuity.
- Occasionally point people to the posts which happened to come the best and to continue some of my old series/projects here
1heck the domain was meant for something else entirely at this point I just try to live into the framing.
2I have a speech cadence and tune in my head that affects the humor.
3wish I had a more appropriate word for here.
4With little regard for the content presented
5part of my blog’s problem is that I have trouble balancing these.
I had moved most of what I had originally put in parenthesis into footnotes still experimenting with this.